Friday, July 24, 2009

unfinished posts

unfinished posts - thank you bri for your lack of attention span. some huge things on my heart that i never finished sharing. i pasted them into this post.

July 24
Sometimes it's harder to witness humility than to actually experience it. And then I realize how much humility I have yet to learn. I'm humbled by knowing that my friends from Torre Fuerte church wake up at 4am every morning to worship and pray for their church, their community, their city, their nation, our church. I'm humbled to know that the "American youth group" doesn't exist here. But yet the youth serve every single day. They ride on bikes to the farm at 4:30am 3x's a week to pick squash from the field in order to sell at the market. I would be surprised if they made $3 each time they go to the market. I'm humbled to have taken part in their endless programs that are way more than programs. There is so much that goes on and they get it. they serve and serve and serve. from the bottom of their hearts. Not out of human obligation or duty - but out of a pure and reverent love for the Lord...


July 17
you know when you have known something your entire life and you understand it - even better than most people - but then you finally understand it to the point where your heart is moved? maybe not... but this morning I was catching up my textbook reading for the summer - reading Perspectives on the World Christian Movement - basically biblical theology and our purpose in life... I started crying as I was reading it this morning because I'm understanding so much more of God's love and the extent of His love for me. The extent of His grace and mercy... I cannot even explain it. I wish I could. I laid in a hammock reading 7 chapters from this book and was in awe as tears flowed from my eyes and I realized how big my God really is - and how much bigger He continues to be... Bri: do you get your purpose in life? Do you understand what God is trying to tell you?...

No comments:

Post a Comment